If you’re a gamer, you’re probably on Steam every day looking at the new releases. But if you spend on these games every day, you’ll very quickly run out of cash. The good news is that you can get free Steam gift cards and wallet codes from legit sources.
Steam is probably the most popular gaming digital marketplace with over 30,000 existing games and software on its store. They have their own game launcher, a massive community of gamers, and almost every title imaginable.
While Steam does let users try out about 100 games from the library at any given time, it isn’t the same as choosing the game you actually want to play. So if you’re here to try and find out where you could get free Steam gift cards, read on to find out how!
Free Steam Gift Cards and Wallet Codes
Coming on to the most crucial question, how you can get a free Steam gift card or free Steam wallet codes which you can then redeem to purchase games?
Well, it can be slightly hard but not impossible. Here are over 30 ways to get free Steam codes or free Steam money to enjoy everything that Steam has to offer.
- Opinion Outpost : Get $10 for joining, then earn more easy cash by sharing your opinion on online surveys.
- SwagBucks – FREE $5 Sign Up Bonus! : This site is pretty popular and has been paying people millions worth of gift cards just by doing things online like watching videos, searching the web, or shopping online. You can convert the points you collect into free Steam gift cards or codes.
- Inbox Dollars : Join the site and get $5 no questions asked, then earn more money by answering a survey, watching videos, and completing other small tasks online. Convert the funds you collect to cash or gift cards like Steam.
- PrizeRebel : Complete surveys and share feedback on stuff like the other 8 million users on the site. Each task completed pays you points, which you can convert to buy Steam gift card codes, Walmart gift card, Amazon gift card, iTunes credit, or other payment methods.
- PointsPrizes : This site pays users to answer surveys and perform other tasks like watching videos or browsing the web. PointsPrizes support a wide range of gift cards, including Steam.
- PlayNANO : Complete short tasks like watching videos, answering surveys, and playing games. Get paid in Nano, which is a cryptocurrency that you could then convert into Steam wallet codes.
- GrabPoints : Get paid to watch TV, download apps, and other no-brainer tasks. Each completed task gets you points, which you could exchange for Steam codes or PayPal money.
- Rakuten : Known formerly as eBates, this cashback site works by letting you shop normally in over 2,500 stores and reward you with rebates. Joining the site even gets you $10 without any fuss.
- Surveytime : Get $1 simply for signing up, and earn $1 for every survey you complete. Surveys are assigned based on your profile.
- Dosh : You need to enter your card details, but once you do, all your shopping will automatically earn you real cashback. You can then transfer your cash to Paypal, your bank account, or any other payment method of your choice.
- Slidejoy : This Android app rewards you in Carats for letting them show you ads on your lock screen. Carats can be exchanged for a Visa prepaid card or various gift cards, including free Steam gift cards.
- Rewardia : Play games, complete surveys, and earn points that you can exchange for various gift cards, including Steam gift cards. You’ll need a minimum of 5,000 points or the equivalent of $5 to redeem these points.
- Mistplay : This app is a loyalty program for mobile gamers that rewards you for playing games that they recommend. Earn Units that you can exchange for various rewards, such as Google Play credits, Prepaid Virtual Visa credits, and of course, free Steam gift cards.
- Gamehag : Unlike Mistplay, which is only for mobile games, Gamehag is a loyalty program that allows you to earn points (called Soul Gems) for playing mobile and PC games. Once you have enough Soul Gems, you can redeem them for free Steam gift cards, as well as free games and in-game items.
- Bananatic : Bananatic offers plenty of free-to-play online games to test and review, for which you can earn Bananas in exchange for free gift cards.
- AppNana : Earn Nanas when you play games on your mobile and redeem them for gift cards.
- Survey Junkie : It mainly requires you to fill up surveys, but other tasks may be available as well. Join and get $5 instantly, then do more surveys to earn enough for a Steam gift card.
- My Points : Join now and receive a $10 gift card. Take the first five surveys and earn $5 quickly, then use the site to earn cashback as you shop. All collected points can be converted into Steam credits in the future.
- ShopAtHome : At ShopAtHome, if you register and spend at least $25 within two months of registering, you can get a bonus of $10 instantly. Other than that, every time you shop at Amazon, Walmart, etc., you get cashback. With the bonus offer, you can select $10 in the form of an Amazon gift card or PayPal cash. Both these things provide you with the funds for getting Steam codes.
- BeFrugal : A cashback and online coupon website, BeFrugal, also offers an excellent opportunity to earn cash and get all the free Steam codes you want. Aside from the $10 bonus on signing up initially, you get paid to shop with up to 40% cash back at more than five thousand stores.
- TopCashBack : Considered one of the best cashback sites in the U.S., TopCashBack provides you opportunities to earn cash as well. Once you’ve joined their platform, you can browse through the thousands of stores they have. When you shop using their affiliate links, TopCashBack earns a commission from the retailers, and you earn cashback from that. With that cash, you can proceed to get your free Steam codes.
- Honey : Honey is another browser extension that you can install on your computer or laptop. Instead of sifting through endless coupons, Honey will direct you towards the best coupons with the highest discounts. This way, you end up saving time and money, which you put towards getting Steam codes.
- InstaGC : InstaGC is fantastic for when you need that cash, as the name suggests, instantly. It even allows you to withdraw your earnings when they’re as low as $1. Therefore, by doing things you probably do already, you can earn digital cards instantly on this platform and use them to get that free $10 Steam code quickly.
- Mr. Rebates : For even more cashback shopping, you can log on to Mr. Rebate’s website, where you get to earn cash back from shopping over three thousand stores. If not exactly in the mood for shopping, you can even register yourself, and simply get a free bonus of $5 right away. Moreover, as it happens, that’s the minimum amount you need for a Steam gift card, so it’s a win-win situation.
- Gift Card Granny: On Gift Card Granny, you can get discounts on various kinds of gift cards or even sell the ones you’re not using. This way, you can browse through all the gift cards and find cheap Steam gift cards or even Amazon gift cards through which you can get the Steam codes.
- ReceiptHog: Another great cashback website, ReceiptHog, allows you to earn points every time you make a purchase. You can then use these points to earn cashback easily and quickly and get free Steam codes. Additionally, you can get bonus rewards for doing other tasks such as answering surveys. ReceiptHog is available for iOs as well as Android users.
- ExtraBux: On this website, new users can receive $20 on simply registering when they visit for the first time. Furthermore, when they use the website’s coupons and codes in specific stores, they get a chance to earn cashback. Their site has coupons and cashback for more than 10,000 stores, including popular brands such as Sephora and Bloomingdale’s.
- Amazon Gift Cards: Most of these websites we’ve discussed above have been all about earning cash directly, which you can then use to purchase Steam gift cards or Steam codes. Amazon Gift Cards are another way to do this as you can redeem these gift cards for funds in your Amazon wallet. You can then use these to purchase Steam codes directly from Amazon. Maybe it’s time to ask for Amazon Gift Cards as your birthday and Christmas presents.
- Giveaways and Social Media: Steam codes aren’t exactly uncommon or cheap either. A lot of people want them for free, just like you. Therefore, you’ll find lots of other people offering these Steam codes for free as part of giveaways and promotions on their social media channels. Usually, these ask you to perform some tasks first, and then it’s a game of chance. The odds might not always be in your favor, but they’re definitely worth a shot.
- Card Companies: Many banks and card companies offer you lots of benefits along with your debit or credit card. Sometimes these benefits include opportunities to earn points on your purchases. Eventually, you can redeem those points to purchase Steam codes. Similarly, sometimes, you get discounts through these cards, and those can help you save money and use it to get Steam codes.
Play Games While Earning Free Steam Gift Cards
This method of earning Steam codes is not easy, but if you’re not a fan of surveys and other quick tasks and prefer to play games instead, you still have a chance to get free Steam gift cards.
Many Steam users report in the in-house community that they were able to play a ton of hours in a particular game, save up weapons or accessories, and then sell them to other gamers in the community market.
You’d be surprised to know that some gamers actually bite and pay for hard-earned gaming items. It’s a great way to increase Steam wallet funds.
Check these forums as well…
Various Reddit communities are great places to connect with other gamers and earn Steam wallet codes, too.
FreeGamesOnSteam has all the new games on Steam, SteamGameSwap can bring down your videogame expenses by providing a way to swap games you don’t want for games you do want, and SteamGiveaways hosts giveaways that you can join to have a chance to win Steam wallet codes.
How does it work?
1. Register on Idle-Empire
No extra registration is needed, you can immediately sign up to our platform with your existing social media accounts. We support authentication through Google, Facebook, Twitter, Discord, and Steam.
Prefer to sign up with your email address and password? No problem, we got you covered!
2. Start Earning Points
Once you registered your account, you can start earning points. Simply answer paid surveys, play games, watch videos, or test software.
We offer a variety of established earning methods, so you’ll easily find something that suits you.
3. Redeem Steam Wallet Codes
After collecting enough points, it’s time to redeem your Steam Wallet Codes! We’ll make sure to deliver your reward within 24 hours.
Our shop contains a whole bunch of other rewards too, just in case you’re interested in something else than Steam Wallet Codes.
About Free Steam Wallet Codes
How can I get my wallet code?
To receive your free Steam Wallet Code, all you have to do is sign up for an account on Idle-Empire, answer a few paid surveys, watch videos, or complete offers and quickly redeem your points for a wallet code that we’ll deliver to you through email. We have gifted over $1.2 million dollars worth of rewards since 2015 and we want you to have your share!
What can I do with my wallet code?
Steam Wallet Codes, also called Steam Gift Cards, can be used to top up your Steam account balance. After adding the funds to your account balance, you’re free to spend the money on anything that you can buy on Steam. This includes the purchase of games, software, hardware, and any other item you can buy on Steam. Are you looking for CS: GO skins, TF2 Skins, Dota 2 Skins, or skins for any other game? You can buy them after redeeming your Steam Wallet Code!
Steam is a video game digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation. It was launched in September 2003 as a way for Valve to provide automatic updates for their games but eventually expanded to include games from third-party publishers. The Steam platform is the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming, estimated in 2013 to have 75% of the market space. By 2017, users purchasing games through Steam totaled roughly US$4.3 billion, representing at least 18% of global PC game sales. By 2019, the service had over a billion registered accounts with 90 million monthly active users.
Going through this list, it might seem really simple to get these codes for free. All you have to do is sign up?
That is quite straightforward, but you have to be careful. There are a lot of scams and frauds out there as well that you don’t want to get caught into.
A good trick is to stick to popular sites that have good reviews and stay away from shady sites that might be asking for a lot of personal, sensitive information.
Besides that, now that you have this brilliant list of over 30 ways to get free Steam codes, you can get to work on actually earning those codes.
More importantly, now you never have to miss out on playing a fantastic game just because it’s a paid game.